Meet The Team
The people who make it all happen
Captain Kent Dresser
Captain Kent Dresser began his career in the Rhode Island marine industry at the age of 14 as a watch-stander for Safe/Sea. In 1992, at the age of 18, Captain Dresser became one of the youngest licensed captains in this area. In 1998 he graduated from the University of Rhode Island with a degree in Coastal and Marine Policy.
Captain Ben Zartman
Captain Ben Zartman has been sailing for over twenty years, ever since he went to sea instead of college. After sailing with his family from California to New England in a home-built boat, he settled in Rhode Island in 2012 and began working as a professional captain. More about his travels, travails and misadventures at www.zartmancruising.com
About The Team
Clean Bays is a Rhode Island based non-profit agency that specializes in removing marine debris from the local shores and waterways of Narragansett Bay and Southern New England while simultaneously serving as a world-wide role model of debris cleanup methodologies, engineering, and sustainability. Founded in 2005 as Clean The Bay, Clean Bays specializes in large and difficult to remove debris and has developed removal methodologies that are portable, affordable and easy to implement across the globe.
To achieve our mission, we are committed to do the following:
- Remove debris from the shorelines and waterways
- Ensure the approval of the appropriate state, city, or town government for all shoreline projects
- Purchase or lease the appropriate equipment to perform these tasks
- Watercraft and equipment will be operated by qualified, licensed personnel
- Finance our programs with grants, donations, and fee for service
- Maintain an excellent Board of Directors
- Partner with local, state and federal regulating agencies and elected officials to reduce costs and expedite service